ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police cited Todd Clapper, 39, of Ferrisburgh, for sexual assault, for an alleged incident involving a juvenile girl in Ferrisburgh on Burroughs Farm Road on Nov. 9.
It was on that date that state police and officials with the Vermont Department of Children and Families were called to Porter Hospital to investigate a report of a girl who had been sexually assaulted.
Based on their investigation, police cited Clapper for sexual assault. He was lodged at the Chittenden County Correctional Center on $25,000 bail, according to police.
He was due to be arraigned in Addison County Court on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On Nov. 7 at around 8:52 p.m. responded to a family fight on Route 7 in New Haven, just north of the state police barracks on the side of the road. After investigation the trooper cited Karrie A. Hall, 29, of Charlotte for domestic assault. Hall was taken into custody and lodged at Chittenden County Correctional Center.
• On Nov. 8 at approximately 8:31 a.m. stopped a 2003 Subaru Impreza driven by Jennifer Larmay, 24, of Shoreham on Business Route 4A in Rutland and cited Larmay for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On Nov. 8 at 3:30 p.m. responded to a two-car accident on Route 74 in Cornwall. Police said that Sarah Longchamp, 20, was attempting to exit her driveway, but a truck had pulled off the side of the road obstructing her view to the east. As Longchamp was slowly pulling out her 2003 Subaru Forester into the road she collided with a westbound 2004 Mini Cooper driven by Scott Bouton, 49, of Shoreham. There were no reported injuries and neither vehicle required a tow truck.
• On Nov. 8 were called to investigate the burglary of a Route 7 residence in Salisbury that day between 7:45 a.m. and noon. The resident reported that a digital camera, multiple pieces of jewelry and a safe with important documents in it were taken. Anyone with information in regard to this burglary is encouraged to call the state police at 802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to keyword: VTIPS.
• On Nov. 8 at 6 p.m. responded to a two-vehicle collision on Route 116 south of Bristol village. Both vehicles involved sustained minor contact damage; no injuries were reported. No court action was taken. VSP at the New Haven barracks thanked the Bristol Rescue Squad and Bristol Fire Department for their assistance on scene.
• On Nov. 8 were notified that Sean Bailey, 26, of East Middlebury had made contact with a person that was in violation of court order conditions of release. After a short investigation the trooper arrested Bailey without incident, cited him for violation of conditions of release and lodged him at the Marble Valley Correctional Facility in lieu of $1,000 bail.
• On Nov. 9, while investigating an alleged assault at the Bristol home of Robert Robidoux, 48, said they located marijuana and evidence of marijuana cultivation. Troopers charged Robidoux with possession of marijuana.
• On Nov. 10 at approximately 3:39 p.m. received a report of an unconscious male behind the wheel of a vehicle at the intersection of Clark Woods and Pea Ridge Road in Ferrisburgh.
Rescue personnel were dispatched to assist, as the man, later identified as 34-year-old Cory Steady Jr. of Waltham, was unresponsive. Steady regained consciousness at the scene and displayed signs of intoxication. He was transported to Porter Hospital as a precaution. He was released from Porter Hospital and taken to the New Haven barracks where he was charged with driving under the influence (second offense), possession of marijuana, violation of conditions of release and driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On Nov. 10 at 6:34 p.m. were called to a report of a 911 hang-up on West Street in Cornwall. Further investigation led to the arrest of Walter Whaley, 48, of Cornwall for domestic assault. Whaley was processed at the New Haven VSP barracks and lodged at Marble Valley Correctional Facility.
• On Nov. 11 at 2:50 p.m. were called to investigate a theft of wire from a Ripton Road home in Lincoln. Anyone with information is asked to contact the VSP.
• On Nov. 12 at 1 p.m. were called to investigate another theft from a home — this time the theft of a hunting rifle from a Pearson Road residence in New Haven. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the VSP.