ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police received several reports of home burglaries in Addison County this past week.
The week started on June 25 when troopers at the New Haven barracks received a report of a burglary at an unsecured home in the Echo Road neighborhood in Ferrisburgh that day. Two nail guns worth a total of $400 and a Sharp 36-inch flat screen TV worth $900 were reported stolen.
Anyone with information on this burglary or any others is asked to contact VSP at 1-802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
In other activity this week:
• On June 25 at 8:49 p.m. responded to a Monkton home for a reported family fight. Police cited Verne Carlson of Monkton for domestic assault.
• On June 26 were called to investigate the theft of copper and valves (valued at $500) from an unsecured and unoccupied farmhouse in Salisbury. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On June 26 at 11:12 a.m. received a report of a burglary that occurred at a multi-unit residence on Route 22A in Shoreham, where an estimated $5,000 worth of copper was stripped out of the basement of the multi-unit complex. The basement was partially flooded as a result of the pipes being stolen. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On June 26 at 1:47 p.m. received a report of a burglary on Jersey Street in Panton. The victim reported someone had entered her home and stolen a digital camera and several pieces of jewelry. The crime occurred sometime in the previous month. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact VSP.
• On June 26 at 4:27 p.m. responded to a report of a burglary at a Cornwall home, where someone stole 12 place settings of antique sterling silver from 1921 from a felt-lined wooden box. The estimated value of the sterling silver is approximately $4,000. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On June 27 at 6:58 p.m. checked out a reported assault off Route 116 in Starksboro. Police cited Benjamin Doron, 23, of Starksboro for simple assault.
• On June 29 began investigating a burglary at an un-inhabited residence on Kellogg Bay Road in Ferrisburgh. An estimated $3,500 worth of copper was stripped out of the residence. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP.
• On June 30 at approximately 3:38 p.m. stopped a car driven by Robert J. Gould, 44, of Poultney for allegedly driving 66 mph in a 50 mph zone on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh. The trooper cited Gould for driving with a criminally suspended license.