MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Lynda W. Bushman, 50, of Middlebury for larceny at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Court Street Extension on Feb. 27. Rite Aid officials told police they suspected Bushman, an employee of the store, had stolen some pills.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of a woman’s wallet from a Porter Drive office on Feb. 25. Police said the wallet was found in the trash.
• Received a report that a Hannaford Career Center staff member had found a marijuana pipe and unidentified pills on a student on Feb. 26. Authorities destroyed the pipe.
• Referred to the Counseling Service of Addison County a local man who on Feb. 26 said he had “telepathically heard that Brad Pitt” had sexually assaulted his neighbor.
• Cited Ian C. Hagen, 27, of Middlebury for a criminal count of driving with a suspended license following a traffic stop on North Pleasant Street on Feb. 27.
• Cited Steven T. Ciampa, 49, of Peabody, Mass., for driving under the influence of alcohol, following a traffic stop on Merchants Row on Feb. 27.
• Assisted a North Forty Lane family with a problem with a juvenile on Feb. 28.
• Assisted a North Pleasant Street resident who had allegedly been approached by a man asking for marijuana on Feb. 28.
• Responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at the Ilsley Library on Main Street on Feb. 28. Police said a man had allegedly been yelling and swearing.
• Took, to the Blue Spruce Motel, a man who had randomly knocked on a Route 7 South resident’s door asking for a place to sleep on Feb. 28.
• Referred to the Addison County State’s Attorney’s office, for possible prosecution, a domestic disturbance case that occurred at a Court Street residence on Feb. 28.
• Served a no-trespass order on a drunken Brandon man who had allegedly been threatening people in the Waybury Inn in East Middlebury on March 1. Police said they took the man to Porter Hospital for an injury he sustained during a fall.
• Investigated a report of a man allegedly staring at women in the Subway sandwich shop on Court Street on March 1.
• Investigated a report of an underage woman using a fake identification card in an attempt to buy alcohol at Hannaford Supermarket on March 1.
• Warned a man for violating the town’s open container law, at the intersection of Shannon and College streets on March 1.
• Cited an Underhill man for violating the town’s ordinance banning public urination, on Washington Street on March 2.
• Served court diversion paperwork on two drunken youths allegedly seen walking in the middle of Washington Street on March 2.
• Served court diversion paperwork on three youths in possession of alcohol in a vehicle parked off Washington Street on March 2.
• Assisted a Cross Street resident who was in mental distress on March 2.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at a Washington Street Extension residence on March 2.
• Cited Craig P. Kansky, 56, of Middlebury for driving under the influence of alcohol, following a traffic stop on Court Street on March 3.
• Assisted a man who reported receiving harassing phone calls from his ex-wife on March 3.
• Got counseling help for a Water Street resident who was threatening to commit suicide on March 3.
• Responded to a reported domestic dispute at a John Graham Court residence on March 3.
• Investigated a reported dispute between some South Street neighbors on March 3.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a South Pleasant Street residence on March 3.
• Served a no-trespass order on a man who had been making rude comments toward McDonald’s Restaurant employees on March 4.
Editor's note: This log was changed since it's original posting to correct a Feb. 26 incident at the high school.