MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Talena Jestice, 36, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following investigation of a one-car roll-over accident on Foote Street on March 22.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Referred, to the Addison County State’s Attorney’s office for possible prosecution, a report of a man pushing a woman in the Buttolph Drive area on March 18.
• Investigated a disorderly conduct complaint in the Lodge Road neighborhood on March 18.
• Responded to a reported domestic dispute at a Jayne Court residence on March 19. Police said the person who was allegedly causing the problem had left before they arrived.
• Cited Allen Jennings, 27, of Middlebury for violating the conditions of his release (that he not consume alcohol) following an investigation at a North Pleasant Street residence on March 19.
• Asked a Jayne Court resident to turn down his music during the evening of March 20.
• Checked into a larceny complaint at a Schoolhouse Hill Road residence on March 20.
• Were informed of a theft from a motor vehicle parked off Gambrel Court on March 20.
• Served a no-trespass order on March 20 on a person not wanted at a Halladay Road residence.
• Served no-trespass orders on two people on March 21 who were not wanted at the Blue Spruce Motel on Route 7 on March 21.
• Received a report of an intoxicated, unmanageable youth at a Court Street residence on March 21.
• Cited Catherine Melendy, 42, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, after responding to a report of a car crashing into a telephone pole on Happy Valley Road on March 21.
• Helped Middlebury College Public Safety deal with a man in the college library who had allegedly been making obscene gestures at women in the building on March 21.
• Investigated a burglary at a North Pleasant Street apartment on March 22. Missing items included jewelry, according to police.
• Ticketed a Middlebury College student for violating the town ordinance banning public urination, on College Street on March 22.
• Received a report of a man throwing a water bottle at his estranged spouse at a Court Street residence on March 23. Police continue to investigate the allegation.
• Assisted in the care of a local woman on March 23 who was having a nervous breakdown and was talking about harming herself. Rescue officials took the woman to Porter Hospital and got her some mental health counseling.
• Got mental health counseling for a second suicidal woman on March 23.
• Responded to a theft complaint in the Route 7 South area on March 23.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Seminary Street residence on March 24. Police said an apparently intoxicated apartment tenant had been yelling.
• Got mental health counseling for a Cross Street resident who told police on March 24 that someone had been stealing his book ideas by accessing his computer remotely.
• Helped resolve a dispute between some Airport Road neighbors on March 24.
• Were informed on March 24 that three bad checks had recently been passed at Middlebury Beef Supply on Route 7 South.
• Investigated a trespassing complaint in the Fields Road area on March 24.
• Cited Dillon Briggs, 25, of Moriah, N.Y., for driving under the influence, after investigating a report of someone banging on a Fields Road resident’s door on March 24.
• Issued three local juveniles court diversion paperwork for being minors in possession of alcohol following a traffic stop on Main Street on March 24.
CLARIFICATION: Last Thursday’s Middlebury Police Log included an item on a citation issued for driving under the influence to a Hancock woman with the same name and age of a Middlebury woman. We’re sorry for any confusion of the two that our readers may have had.