Vermont State Police cited Jamerson A. Maurer, 33, of Northborough, Mass., for driving under the influence and endangering a child, following a stop on Route 7 in New Haven on July 15. Police said that during the stop, Maurer was “found to be intoxicated” and had a young child with him in the vehicle.
In other recent activity, VSP:
• On July 7 at 1 p.m. responded to an aggravated assault complaint at a farm on Peet Road in Cornwall. Elias Lopez Ulloa, 36, of Cornwall, was charged with two felony counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after an investigation revealed that he had allegedly assaulted two fellow workers at the farm and threatened them with a knife. Ulloa on July 8 pleaded innocent in Chittenden Superior Court, criminal division, to the charges. He was ordered held, for lack of $10,000 bail, at the Northwest State Correctional Facility following his arraignment. He also faces deportation to his native Mexico, as he is allegedly in the country illegally, according to VSP.
• On July 7 at 4:22 p.m. cited Michael Cordoba, 23, of Middlebury, for driving with a criminally suspended license on Court Street. He was released on a citation to appear in Addison District Court.
• On June 23 at 12:54 p.m. cited Kevin Demeurers, 48, of Granville, for violation of a stalking order in the North Hollow Road area of Granville. He is slated to answer to the charge in Addison County Court on Aug. 11.
• On July 10 at 11:40 p.m. cited Chase Gallison, 23, of Vergennes, for possession of heroin, following a stop for erratic operation of a vehicle on Route 17 in New Haven. State police said they also cited Gallison for driving under the influence of drugs. He is scheduled to be arraigned in Addison County Court on Oct. 6.
• On July 11 at 4:40 a.m. responded to a single-car crash off Route 7 in New Haven. Investigation revealed that Melissa Hutchins, 34, of Brandon, was on her way to work when she encountered a deer in the roadway. She swerved to avoid it, causing her 2004 Pontiac sedan to leave the road and overturn. Hutchins, who was wearing her seatbelt, was not injured, but was taken to Porter Hospital for evaluation. The vehicle was declared a total loss.
• On July 11 investigated a report of the theft of a handicap placard from a vehicle that was parked at Shaw’s supermarket in Vergennes. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the VSP at 388-4919. Information can also be submitted online at www.vtips.info or text “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On July 12 at 12:37 a.m. cited Luke Freidin, 18, of New Haven, for leaving the scene of an accident and disorderly conduct following an incident reported off Munger Street in New Haven. State police said they were called to 3019 Munger St. in New Haven for a possible burglary in progress. Members of the Middlebury Police Department and members of the Department of Motor Vehicles also responded to the call, according to VSP. Authorities said they arrived to find a vehicle partially in the roadway on Munger Street. This discovery led police to a home down the street, where they said they located Luke Freidin, whom they arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.
After the arrest of Luke Freidin, his father John Freidin showed up at the crash scene and was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct, according to VSP. Court action in the case is scheduled for Aug. 11.
• On July 14, investigated the theft of personal items from a motor vehicle parked at Silver Lake Road in Leicester. The theft is suspected to have occurred between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. while the vehicle’s owners were hiking. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Vermont State Police at802-388-4919. Information can also be submitted online atwww.vtips.infoor text “CRIMES” (274637) to Keyword: VTIPS.
• On July 14, ticketed Sahsada Gandolfi, 22, of Manchester, Vt., for traveling too fast for wet road conditions on Route 7 in Leicester, an infraction police believe led to Gandolfi traveling off the east shoulder of the road and colliding with a parked vehicle. Police said no one was injured in the accident.
• On July 14 at 10:48 p.m. cited Jonathan Bruso, 25, of Orwell, for driving with a criminally suspended license, following a stop on Route 73 in Orwell.