MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Andrew R. Brown, 40, of Middlebury for domestic assault after an incident at a Water Street residence on Aug. 21. Police said Brown was lodged at the Marble Valley Correctional Center.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with an out-of-control patient on Aug. 16.
• Were informed that someone had ripped the bark off some trees in the Cross Street area on Aug. 16.
• Received a report that someone had smashed the passenger-side window of a vehicle parked off Seymour Street Extension on Aug. 17.
• Responded to a report of the theft of some jewelry from a resident’s room at the Lodge at Otter Creek on Aug. 17.
• Were informed that someone had stolen gasoline and an electronic sonic tracker from Pike Industries equipment parked at a construction site off School House Hill Road on Aug. 17.
• Received a report that someone had smashed the window of a vehicle parked at Middlebury Beef Supply off Route 7 South in order to steal to iPods on Aug. 19.
• Investigated a report of someone entering several unlocked vehicles in the Munson Road area on Aug. 18. Police said none of the vehicles were damaged and nothing appears to have been taken.
• Served no-trespass orders on two local men on Aug. 18.
• Received a report that someone wrote some insulting words in dust on the back of a vehicle parked in the Courtyard by Marriott lot off Court Street Extension on Aug. 18.
• Investigated the reported theft of a woman’s wallet from Ilsley Library on Aug. 19.
• Responded to a dispute between two Halladay Road neighbors on Aug. 19.
• Cited Kristopher M. McNeil, 20, of Reading, Mass., for possession of marijuana, following a stop for speeding on Court Street on Aug. 20. Police said they found McNeil to be in possession of 4.3 grams of marijuana.
• Responded, with local firefighters, to a report of a car fire on Route 7 North near the Exchange Street intersection on Aug. 20.
• Responded to a report of a barking dog in the Seminary Street Extension neighborhood on Aug. 20.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials with a suicidal patient on Aug. 20.
• Cited Ashleigh E. Hickey, 19, of Middlebury on an outstanding warrant in the Fields Road area on Aug. 21.
• Served a no-trespass order on a local man on Aug. 21.
• Responded to a family dispute at a Route 7 North residence on Aug. 21.