ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police were called on Sunday, Oct. 16, at 5:13 p.m. to investigate a car accident on Lincoln Road in Bristol where one vehicle left the scene after the collision.
Troopers Hatch and Szarejko reported that they located the vehicle off the side of the road in Lincoln. They said the driver, Lincoln resident David Warner, was intoxicated.
The officers cited Warner for two counts of leaving the scene of an accident and one count of driving under the influence.
In other recent activity, VSP:
• On Oct. 10 were called to investigate the report of a burglary at a seasonal camp off of Swamp Road in Cornwall. The victim reported that unknown individual or individuals broke the lock and entered his camp. He reported only toilet paper was taken, and that he found the toilet paper on the lawn at the camp. Anyone with information or leads concerning the case is asked to contact Trooper Andrew Leise at the New Haven barracks at 388-4919.
• On Oct. 11 at around 1 a.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Czarina Shepard, 25, of Burlington on Route 22A in Orwell for speeding. Police cited Shepard for possession of marijuana.
• On Oct. 11 at 9 p.m., while on patrol, a trooper came across Myron Brown, 49, of Middlebury as he was parked on the travel portion of Blake Roy Road in Middlebury. While speaking with Brown, the trooper said he discovered that Brown was in possession of marijuana. The trooper cited Brown for possession of marijuana.
• On Oct. 14 at 9:18 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Douglas Bradley, 53, of Lincoln on Route 116 in Bristol for a license plate violation and defective equipment. Police cited Bradley for possession of marijuana.
• On Oct. 15 responded to a Monkton home for a report of a domestic disturbance. Police cited 31-year-old Roland Stetson Jr. of Monkton with domestic assault.
• On Oct. 15 at 5:40 p.m. stopped a car driven by Kelly Husk, 29, of Lincoln for allegedly speeding on West River Road in Lincoln. The trooper cited Husk for driving with a suspended license.
• On Oct. 15 at a little before midnight stopped a motor vehicle driven by Dana Lathrop, 25, of Jacksonville, Fla., on Route 116 in Bristol. Police cited Lathrop with driving under the influence and possession of marijuana.
• On Oct. 17 were alerted to the theft of a battery, rod and reels and jumper cables from a boat on the property at Champlain Valley Motorsports in Cornwall. The property was valued at approximately $550. Anyone with information is asked to contact VSP’s New Haven barracks at 388-4919.
• On Oct. 17 looked into a report that a Bristol resident had written a $200 check to the Bristol Animal Hospital on a closed account.