Middlebury Police Log: Man cited for simple assault
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Michael Bozman, 38, identified as homeless, for simple assault, stemming from a reported incident near the Marble Works and Otter Creek on Aug. 3.
The next day, police arrested Bozman on an active arrest warrant out of Chittenden County. Police said Bozman was lodged at Marble Valley Correctional Facility for lack of bail.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a report of a couple arguing on Bakery Lane on July 29.
• Investigated a complaint about loud music coming from a vehicle parked in the Jayne Court area on July 29.
• Responded to a domestic dispute at a Route 7 South home on July 29.
• Responded, with Middlebury Regional EMS, to a Jackson Lane home on a report of an unresponsive woman on July 30. Police said the woman was taken to University of Vermont Medical Center.
• Cited Wayne Bezanson, 58, of Middlebury for driving with a suspended license (criminal count) following a traffic stop on Court Street Extension on July 30.
• Responded to the potential violation of a temporary restraining order at a Cottage Lane residence on July 31.
• Responded to a Franklin Street home on July 31 on a report of a toddler accidentally getting locked in an antique chest.
• Investigated a domestic disturbance in the Main Street area on July 31.
• Interviewed a local man who believed someone might have tampered with the steering wheel of his vehicle while it was parked off Boardman Street on July 31. The case remains under investigation.
• Cited Joseph Larocque, 67, of Middlebury for driving under the influence on North Pleasant Street on Aug. 1. Police said they interviewed Larocque after receiving a report of an intoxicated man who had fallen. Police said medical authorities took a blood sample to determine Larocque’s blood-alcohol level.
• Cited Brandon Harbour, 26, of Salisbury for driving under the influence, following a traffic stop near the intersection of Cady Road and Route 7 South on Aug. 2. Police said Harbour refused a breath test.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Jackson Lane home on Aug. 2.
• Assisted Porter Hospital officials in returning a patient who had left the campus prematurely on Aug. 2.
• Were informed of the theft of shoes and keys from near the East Middlebury Gorge swimming area off Route 125 on Aug. 2.
• Investigated a report on Aug. 2 of a distraught woman in the Maple Street area threatening to run people over with her vehicle. Police said the woman was experiencing mental health problems and was taken to Porter Hospital to meet with counselors.
• Warned a man who was carrying an open container of alcohol on Main Street on Aug. 2.
• Arrested Brandy Ritchie, 33, of Rutland on two active arrest warrants on Aug. 3. Police said Ritchie was lodged in jail pending his court hearing.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a medical call on Armory Lane on Aug. 3.
• Assisted a Duane Court resident on Aug. 3 who alleged her ex-boyfriend had damaged her apartment while she was on vacation.
• Received a report that two Beatles (rock group) memorabilia pictures had been taken from the Grapevine Grille on Aug. 3. Both are black and white and in a black frame.
• Responded to a complaint about a burn pit fire at a Case Street residence on Aug. 3.
• Responded to a report of an argument between a man and woman in a vehicle parked near the intersection of Case Street and Dow Farm Lane on Aug. 3. Police said they were unable to find the vehicle.
• Assisted Vermont State Police at the scene of a collision between motorcycle and a farm tractor on Route 125 West in Bridport on Aug. 4 (see state police log for more details).
• Responded to a report of a drunken man in the Middlebury town offices during the afternoon of Aug. 5. Police took the man back to his home.