Vergennes Police Log: City traffic stop nets man a DUI citation
VERGENNES — Vergennes police cited Aaron Meyers, 37, of Ferrisburgh for driving under the influence of drugs, following a traffic stop on First Street on Aug. 6.
In other action last week, Vergennes police:
• Conducted community policing patrols in the Main Street, Green Street, Panton Road, Water Street, Monkton Road, Maple Street and First Street.
• Fulfilled fingerprinting requests on Aug. 7.
• Responded to a parking complaint on South Water Street on Aug. 6.
• Assisted a local woman who had been victimized through a social media scam on Aug. 7. Police said a person masquerading as someone else on Facebook was able to extract several thousand dollars from the victim. Police warn residents to not reveal any personal financial information to people purporting to be friends on Facebook or other social media.
• Responded to Valley Vista on Aug. 7 on a report of a woman huffing computer screen cleaner prior to being admitted to the addiction treatment facility at 1 Alden Place. Police said the woman was taken to Porter Hospital.
• Investigated a report that a vehicle had been vandalized while parked off Walker Avenue on Aug. 8.
• Checked on the welfare of a West Street resident on Aug. 9.
• Performed a background check for New York City police officials on Aug. 9.
• Were informed of the theft of a small amount of cash from an unlocked vehicle parked off Maple Street on Aug. 10.
• Responded to a report of an unresponsive person laying under stairs near the falls off Mcdonough Drive on Aug. 11. Police said the person was sleeping.
• Helped a person who had locked themselves out of a vehicle off Route 7 on Aug. 11.