MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police were informed that someone had left threatening voice mail messages on the answering machine at the local office of the Vermont Department of Children and Families on Nov. 12. Police said the person also made threats against the Vermont State Police. The investigation continues.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Responded to a juvenile issue at a Water Street residence on Nov. 11.
• Searched in vain for a man who allegedly had been asking for drugs in the Bakery Lane area on Nov. 11.
• Responded, with local fire and emergency personnel, to a two-car crash with injuries on Route 7 South, near Rosie’s Restaurant on Nov. 11. Police said one operator was taken to Porter Hospital by Middlebury EMS for minor injuries sustained in the crash.
• Received a report from Hannaford Supermarket that a person had tried to purchase alcohol using a fake identification card on Nov. 11.
• Took into protective custody a dog that had been wandering at the intersection of Ossie Road and Church Street on Nov. 12. Police turned the animal over to the dog warden.
• Were informed of the theft of an outside light bulb from a Jayne Court residence on Nov. 12.
• Investigated a trespassing complaint at a Jackson Lane residence on Nov. 12.
• Recovered a bike in the South Street area that had been reported stolen on Nov. 12.
• Warned a homeless person who was found sleeping in a North Pleasant Street garage on Nov. 12.
• Were informed of a near collision involving a truck and a pedestrian on Court Street on Nov. 13. Police said the witness declined to cooperate further in the investigation.
• Ticketed a youth for being a minor in possession of tobacco on Middlebury Union High School grounds on Nov. 13.
• Turned over, to a parent, a juvenile who had been seen smoking marijuana on MUHS grounds on Nov. 13.
• Turned over, to Porter Hospital, a local woman who had been suffering a mental health crisis on Nov. 13.
• Assisted Middlebury ambulance staff with a local woman having detox issues on Nov. 14.
• Received a report that some tools had been stolen from a North Pleasant Street residence on Nov. 14.
• Recovered a stolen motorcycle from a section of the Trail Around Middlebury off Washington Street Extension on Nov. 14.
• Returned a truant student to MUHS on Nov. 14.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at a Valley View Road home on Nov. 14.
• Investigated a report of a man hollering on College Street on Nov. 15. Police could not find such a man.
• Investigated a report of a strong odor of propane coming from a train traveling past South Street Extension on Nov. 15. Police checked the area and said they found no cause for concern.
• Were informed of the theft of some tires from outside a North Pleasant Street residence on Nov. 15.
• Warned a man for urinating in public off College Street on Nov. 15.
• Were informed that someone had struck and damaged a car parked off South Main Street on Nov. 16.
• Responded to a report of a disorderly woman at the Porter Hospital emergency room on Nov. 16.
• Assisted Vergennes police with a case off Basin Harbor Road on Nov. 16.
• Took into protective custody a drunken man who had been opening dorm rooms on Middlebury College campus on Nov. 16.
• Cited Nichole Lopinto, 32, of Middlebury for driving under the influence on Charles Avenue following a stop for a defective turn signal on Nov. 16.
• Took a very drunk local woman to receive detox services at the Marble Valley Correctional Center on Nov. 17.
• Warned a man who was in violation of the town’s open container law on Storrs Avenue on Nov. 17.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a woman who was seen drinking alcohol on Hillcrest Road on Nov. 17. Police said they also warned the woman for violating the town’s open container ordinance.
• Served court diversion paperwork to two underage women who were in possession of alcohol on Adirondack View on Nov. 17.
Order Photo Reprints
Slideshows and Videos
Read the Classifieds
Submit a Classified
Meet Your Business
Submit a Classified Item
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Copyright 2011 Addison Independent | 58 Maple Street, Middlebury, Vt. 05753 | All Rights Reserved
Site Development by Surf New Media