ADDISON COUNTY — On Sunday, April 6, at approximately 4:05 p.m. Vermont State Police responded to a report of a family fight in Shoreham. Upon investigating the incident troopers said they found that the victim had been assaulted by Shoreham resident Douglas N. Campbell, 36.
Troopers took Campbell into custody and cited him to appear in Addison District Court on April 7 to answer the charge of domestic assault.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On April 1 at 8:45 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by Eben Sexton, 45, of Bronx, N.Y., on Route 22A in Orwell for allegedly driving at 90 mph in a 50 mph zone. The trooper cited Sexton for speeding, driving with a criminally suspended license and careless and negligent driving.
• On April 2 at 7:30 a.m. responded to a one-car crash on James Road in Weybridge. The driver, identified as Katherine Heitkamp, 62, of Weybridge, told police that she hit a patch of ice on a corner and lost control. The 2006 Subaru Legacy traveled over the bank on the east side of the road and struck a tree. Heitkamp was unhurt, but the Subaru appeared to be a total loss. Police said speed did not appear to be a factor in the crash.
• On April 2 at 9:50 p.m. cited Samuel A. Ramey, 21, of Salisbury for speeding. He is alleged to have been driving 66 mph in a 35 mph zone on Lake Dunmore Road in Salisbury.
• On April 3 at 9:35 p.m. stopped a vehicle driven by Todd Grant, 39, of Bristol on Plank Road in New Haven for a defective equipment violation. During the stop, police said they found Grant in possession of prescription pills for which he did not have a prescription; he was also found to have less than 1 ounce of marijuana — a civil violation. Police cited Grant for possession of a regulated substance (the pills).
• On April 5 at 7:25 p.m. stopped a car driven on New Haven Road in Ferrisburgh by Cindy Ouellette, 49, of Vergennes for a motor vehicle violation. Police cited Ouellette for driving with a criminally suspended license and driving under the influence.
• On April 5 at approximately 8:30 p.m. cited Brandon M. Bothwell, 24, of Charlotte for driving with a criminally suspended license on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh.
• On April 5 at 10 p.m. stopped a car driven on Route 7 in New Haven by Joshua Rheaume, 27, of Ferrisburgh for a motor vehicle violation. Troopers were alerted to Rheaume’s reported erratic and dangerous driving by a concerned citizen following his vehicle. Police allege that Rheaume was smoking marijuana while driving, and they cited him for careless and negligent driving.
• On April 6 at 2:58 a.m. responded to a 911 call in Leicester reporting a shooting on Lake Dunmore Road. After a standoff with police in which two troopers were shot, though neither suffered life-threatening injuries, troopers arrested Timothy Foley, 47, of Leicester. He was charged with two counts of attempted murder and two counts of aggravated attempted murder. See a full story in the A section of this edition.