MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police arrested Robert H. Meacham III, 33, of Cornwall and charged him with first-degree aggravated domestic assault and unlawful restraint, following an investigation in the Route 7 South area on Dec. 5. Police said a woman alleged that Meacham had assaulted her the previous day in Cornwall.
Meacham was lodged that evening at the Marble Valley Correctional Center, according to police.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Warned two juveniles who had tipped over a Merchants Row bike rack so they could jump over it on Dec. 2.
• Received a report that some lewd and lascivious conduct had allegedly occurred between two juveniles at a John Graham Court residence on Dec. 3.
• Were informed that someone had allegedly stolen a package that had been delivered to a South Village Green residence on Dec. 3.
• Served a no-trespass notice on behalf of Middlebury Union Middle School on Dec. 3.
• Went to the scene of a car-deer collision on Exchange Street on Dec. 4.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with an uncooperative patient on Blinn Lane on Dec. 4.
• Responded to a noise complaint in the Valley View Drive area on Dec. 4.
• Responded to a dispute between two Jayne Court neighbors on Dec. 5.
• Received a report on Dec. 5 that a bad check had been passed at Middlebury Beef Supply on Route 7 South. An investigation into the matter continues.
• Cited Travis Manning, 34, of Bristol for a criminal count of driving with a suspended license, following an investigation at the McDonald’s Restaurant parking lot on Dec. 5.
• Were informed of the theft of some tires from a Route 7 South residence on Dec. 5.
• Investigated a local custody dispute involving a 19-month-old child in the Monarch Court area on Dec. 6.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a minor female found to be in possession of alcohol in the College Street area on Dec. 6. Police said the woman was also warned for having an open container of alcohol.
• Received a report about an alleged underage drinking party at a North Pleasant Street home on Dec. 6. Police could locate no such party.
• Were informed that the Middlebury Animal Hospital had received a bad check on Dec. 6.
• Assisted Porter Hospital with a combative patient on Dec. 7.
• Told a Seymour Street resident to pick up trash that had been blowing off his property on Dec. 7.
• Received a report about an alleged sexual assault in the Jayne Court area on Dec. 7. Police said based on an investigation, charges will not be filed in the case.
• Cited Jason Bradley, 29, of Middlebury for assault, disorderly conduct and interfering with law enforcement, following an incident at a Valley View Drive home on Dec. 7. Police made the arrest after investigating a report about a man refusing to leave the residence.
• Warned a man in the Bakery Lane area not to drive his vehicle due to his level of intoxication on Dec. 7. Police said they also warned the man about open alcoholic containers inside his vehicle.
• Warned a man for violating the town’s open container ordinance in the Shannon Street area on Dec. 7.
• Warned a Seymour Street Extension resident who was throwing a loud party on Dec. 7.
• Served no-trespass notices on two men found sleeping in the bathroom of a Court Street Extension business on Dec. 8.