VERGENNES — Vergennes police issued two citations this past weekend for driving under the influence of alcohol.
The first came on Saturday night after they received a tip during the weekend snowstorm from Vermont State Police, who were helping motorists whose cars had slid off the road in Panton. A citizen who was also helping the motorists told them two women in a car that drove by were smoking marijuana, and VSP alerted Vergennes police.
Vergennes police pulled the car over and cited the driver, Kali Waag, 26, of Shoreham for DUI and issued her a civil ticket for possession of marijuana.
On Saturday, Vergennes police said they saw a car fail to stop at the intersection of School and South Maple streets, and they pulled it over. At that traffic stop, they cited Brianna M. Edwards, 28, of Vergennes for DUI.
In other incidents between Feb. 10 and 16, Vergennes police:
• On Feb. 10, helped the Vergennes Area Rescue Squad with calls on First and South Maple streets.
• On Feb. 11, directed traffic around a school bus that became stuck in snow while trying to turn around on Meigs Road; there were no students on the bus at the time, police said.
• On Feb. 11, responded to a fender-bender in a Green Street parking lot.
• On Feb. 11, stood by while parents from two families, one from Ferrisburgh and one from Vergennes, discussed an incident in which two 14-year-old boys had taken cars without permission and gone joyriding.
• On Feb. 12, handled a minor two-car accident on West Main Street.
• On Feb. 12, dealt with two truancy issues, attempting to serve truancy papers on a Monkton Road resident and speaking with the Vergennes Union Elementary School principal about another case.
• On Feb. 12, accepted unused prescription pain medication for destruction.
• On Feb. 12, helped to calm an unruly middle school student at Vergennes Union High School and to arrange for him to go home with his family.
• On Feb. 13, cited Justin Uribe, 26, of Rutland for careless and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. Police first spotted Uribe’s car at about 12:30 a.m. heading southbound on Route 7 near Route 22A allegedly traveling at 80 mph, and then found his car off the road near New Haven Road.
• On Feb. 13, directed traffic around a broken-down car on Route 7 until VSP arrived.
• On Feb. 13, handled a two-car accident on Main Street in which a car rolled across the road into another parked near the Bixby Library.
• On Feb. 14, delivered a truancy letter to a VUES parent.
• On Feb. 14, received a tip about illegal drug activity in the area.
• On Feb. 15, stood by while a tenant involved in a dispute with a landlord removed belongings from a Green Street property.
• On Feb. 16, went with VSP to deliver an abuse-prevention order to a Hopkins Road home in Panton.
• On Feb. 16, knocked on the door of a Main Street apartment after a neighbor complained of a marijuana smell, but no one answered.
• On Feb. 16, responded to a report of a disabled car on West Main Street; it was towed to Addison.