ADDISON COUNTY — On Oct. 4 at a little after 6 p.m. Vermont State Police were dispatched to a reported family fight in Weybridge.
Police said they found that Omar Jones, 23, of Weybridge, was involved in a family fight in which two people were injured. Police said that while they were taking Jones into custody he began to fight with them, ultimately spitting on a police officer. Jones was taken into custody and transported to the New Haven state police barracks for processing. Jones was subsequently lodged for lack of $20,000 bail at the Chittenden County Correctional Center.
Police cited Jones for aggravated domestic assault, simple assault, unlawful mischief, assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, violation of conditions of release and unlawful restraint.
• On Oct. 1 at 6:30 p.m. responded to a one-vehicle accident on Route 17 in New Haven. Police said a white Dodge pickup truck went off the side of the road and into a ditch, hitting a small post off the roadway. The driver left the scene before police arrived. Anyone with any information is asked to contact the VSP at 802-388-4919.
• Were called to a home on Ridge Road in Cornwall for a reported burglary sometime between Sept. 29 and Oct. 6. Three heavy-gauge towing chains and approximately 20 gallons of fuel were reported missing. Anybody with information on the theft is asked to contact the VSP New Haven barracks at 802-388-4919.
• On Oct. 7 at 4:34 p.m. stopped a car driven by Alburton Clark, 34, of Brandon on Route 7 in Leicester. Police cited Clark for driving with a suspended license and possession of a narcotic.
• On Oct. 8 at about 1:13 a.m. stopped a vehicle driven by Evelyn Bushey, 47, for an unspecified motor vehicle violation. Police said they found she was driving under the influence of alcohol, and a test showed her blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit for driving. She was cited for driving under the influence.
• On Oct. 8 at around 10 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle driven by Wayne Bezanson, 51, of Middlebury on Swamp Road in Cornwall, and cited Bezanson for driving with a criminal count of suspended license.