Middlebury Police Log: Local man cited for grand larceny
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Brandon T. Raymond, 26, of Middlebury for burglary, grand larceny (over $900) and violation of the conditions of his release on Oct. 21. Police allege that Raymond broke into a Seminary Street apartment and stole an iPad and electronic gaming equipment.
Police allege that Raymond entered the apartment during their investigation and admitted to the crime.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Cited Karen J. Wark, 54, of Burlington for shoplifting, following an incident at The Barn Antiques on Three Mile Bridge Road on Oct. 15.
• Warned a driver who allegedly passed a stopped school bus while it was dropping off children on Middle Road on Oct. 16.
• Investigated an alleged sexual assault reported at a Newton Drive residence on Oct. 16.
• Cited Catherine H. Krukar, 59, of Housatonic, Mass., for possession of marijuana, after investigating a report of an unauthorized campsite near the Otter Creek Child Center off Weybridge Street on Oct. 16. Police said Krukar and another individual were served no-trespass orders for the property.
• Warned a parent not to leave his child locked inside his vehicle while shopping off Elm Street on Oct. 16.
• Assisted the Vermont Department of Fish & Wildlife in investigating a report of possible deer jacking in the Painter Road area on Oct. 16.
• Responded to a noise complaint at a Case Street apartment on Oct. 17.
• Investigated a report of people throwing rocks in the Mill Street area on Oct. 17.
• Went to the scene of a deer-vehicle accident off Shard Villa Road on Oct. 18. Police said the deer was dead and the vehicle sustained minor damage to its bumper.
• Assisted a customer at the Middlebury Village Depot who was left stranded when someone accidentally took her keys from the store on Oct. 18.
• Cited a local woman for failing to cause her child to attend school, following an investigation on Oct. 19. Police said the citation came after two letters of concern had been issued to the parent and the student still had not shown up at school.
• Responded to a dispute between some South Village Green neighbors on Oct. 18.
• Gave an injured Middlebury College student a ride to the Porter Hospital emergency room on Oct. 19. Police said the student had walked out of Two Brothers Tavern with an injured hand.
• Cited Christopher J. Anderson, 24, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, after he was allegedly seen driving one of Middlebury College’s electric cars without lights on Storrs Avenue on Oct. 19.
• Investigated a shoplifting complaint at Martin’s Hardware on Route 7 South on Oct. 19.
• Cited Joseph J. Lilly, 22, of Bristol for possession of marijuana, following an investigation of an incident on Route 125 East on Oct. 19.
• Investigated a report of a some Middlebury College students being harassed through Facebook on Oct. 19.
• Responded to a report of a dispute between two women in the Fields Road area on Oct. 19.
• Received a report that a vehicle struck another vehicle while it was parked off Main Street on Oct. 19.
• Were informed that a vehicle struck another vehicle that was parked in the Shaw’s Supermarket parking lot on Oct. 20.
• Were informed that a vehicle struck another vehicle that was parked in the Fire & Ice Restaurant parking lot on Oct. 20.
• Investigated a report that someone broke into a vehicle parked in the municipal lot off Mill Street on Oct. 20.
• Cited a Ferrisburgh woman for driving with a suspended license on North Pleasant Street on Oct. 21.
• Assisted a woman who said she was the victim of identity theft on Oct. 21.