Congregational Church holiday bazaar set for Nov. 3
MIDDLEBURY — The Congregational Church of Middlebury will hold its 94th annual Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, Nov. 3, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Last year for the first time, this nearly century-old event was held in the expanded church facility. Again this year, signs will direct shoppers to the many offerings at the bazaar, which will be displayed in Fellowship Hall, Unity Hall and in classrooms decorated for the holiday season.
As in past years, a raffle will be held for a 70-inch x 89-inch quilt made by Gail Burns. Tickets for the “Colors of Christmas” quilt may be either purchased beforehand or during the Bazaar for $2 each or $10 for 6 tickets.
New offerings this year will include:
• Two silent auctions: “Bids for a Basket,” themed baskets available for winning bids in a silent auction, and Doll house with furniture, also in a silent auction.
• Book Stall, featuring previously owned books, fiction and non-fiction, for adults and children.
• Gently-used Toy Corner.
• Newly-designed church note cards.
The Bazaar will also feature these popular items:
• A gardening center featuring houseplants large and small, foliage plants, flowering plants, bulbs.
• Luncheon, offering hearty homemade soups, sandwiches, beverages and slices of homemade pie as well as “soups to go.”
• Food tables, with homemade pies, cookies, jams, jellies, pickles, breads, rolls, cupcakes.
• Finer Things room, which includes handicrafts, home furnishings, collectibles.
• Attic Treasures, the ever-popular eclectic finds.
• Jewelry and scarves.
• Fresh Christmas trees from the “cut your own” Sinclair Family Tree Farm in Ripton.
• Handmade and knitted items for children and adults.
Of course, Santa will be on hand from 10 a.m. until noon. People of all ages are welcome to have their photos taken with him next to a decorated Christmas tree.
The quilt drawing will be held on Sunday, Nov 4. The ticket owner need not be present. Proceeds from the Holiday Bazaar will help support the church and its missions.