Bristol Police Log for Feb. 18
BRISTOL — Between Jan. 25 and Feb. 7, Bristol police completed 16 foot patrols, conducted eight car patrols, monitored traffic during school dismissal five times, and checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 14 times, at Bristol Elementary School 14 times, and at local businesses 14 times.
Police also completed at least 16 fingerprint requests, responded to three alarms that turned out to be false and facilitated the return of one loose dog and one lost wallet.
The department also assisted Vermont State Police once and the Vermont Department for Children and Families once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Jan. 25 helped a local business with a property damage complaint and will file a report.
• On Jan. 28 began investigating a theft complaint.
• On Jan. 28 began investigating a report of possible identity theft.
• On Jan. 29 ticketed a vehicle parked on the sidewalk impeding a snowplow.
• On Feb. 1 began investigating a report of inappropriate photos shared through social media.
• On Feb. 2 began investigating a theft complaint.
• On Feb. 3 investigated a complaint about unwanted phone calls and determined that no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Feb. 4 investigated a harassment complaint and determined that no action rose to the level of an offense.