Bristol Police Log for Jan. 27
BRISTOL — Between Jan. 6 and 19, Bristol police completed 20 foot patrols and more than four hours of car patrols in various parts of town, some of which were part of the Governor’s Highway Safety Program. Officers checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 13 times, conducted 12 business checks and processed nine requests for fingerprints.
The department also assisted Vermont State Police four times, Bristol Rescue Squad twice and Bristol Fire Department once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Jan. 7 responded to a 911 hang-up and determined that it was an accidental dial.
• On Jan. 7 began investigating juvenile possession of tobacco and planned to issue court diversion paperwork.
• On Jan. 8 helped someone who was locked out of their vehicle.
• On Jan. 8 helped a local business identify a customer who had accidentally driven away without paying for gas.
• On Jan. 11 responded to a parking problem and issued tickets for vehicles in violation.
• On Jan. 12 helped someone with a parking problem.
• On Jan. 13 investigated a report of an abandoned vehicle and determined that it was not abandoned.
• On Jan. 13 helped Mount Abraham Union High School with a truancy issue.
• On Jan. 14 investigated a report of a parking problem and instructed the owner of the vehicle to move it.
• On Jan. 15 investigated a report that someone was being followed and determined that no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Jan. 16 investigated a report of a dog running in and out of traffic in the North Street and Prince Lane areas but the dog was gone upon police arrival.
• On Jan. 16 responded to a one-car crash and facilitated an exchange of information.
• On Jan. 16 investigated a report from a driver who was concerned they were being followed, but were unable to locate the vehicle.
• On Jan. 16 helped a local business identify a customer whose gas pump transaction had failed to complete.
• On Jan 17 completed a foot patrol during a basketball game at Mount Abraham Union High School.