Bristol Police Log: Police investigate vandalized cars
BRISTOL — Bristol police are investigating multiple reports of parked vehicles being vandalized in the village.
Police received the first report on Aug. 6., regarding vehicles on Park Place and School Street, then discovered other vehicles that had been affected on Park Place and Church Street.
Police were told on Aug. 10 that multiple vehicles had been vandalized on South Street.
A day later it was reported that multiple vehicles had been vandalized on School Street.
Another incident, reported to have happened on Aug. 6, was received by police on Aug. 13.
Police are still investigating these incidents and ask anyone with information to contact the department at 453-2533.
Similar reports of someone “keying” — or scratching with a key or other metal object — cars were received in Vergennes and Middlebury early this month.
Vergennes police reported earlier an arrest in Burlington might be related to the cases in all the communities.
Between Aug. 2 and 15 Bristol police conducted 15 foot patrols, and one car patrol, and checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 14 times, at Bristol Elementary School 14 times, and at local businesses 13 times.
Police also completed at least 14 fingerprint requests and facilitated the return of two lost wallets, one cellphone and one item of other found property.
The department also assisted Vermont State Police three times and Bristol Rescue once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Aug. 2 began investigating a report of theft on West Street.
• On Aug. 2 served a no-trespass notice on West Street.
• On Aug. 3 began investigating a report of theft on West Street.
• On Aug. 4 found lost money in the Main Street area and placed it in the lost and found.
• On Aug. 4 responded to a citizen dispute on Mountain Street and mediated a resolution.
• On Aug. 5 an officer completed remote learning lessons in Officer Field Training, Constitutional Law and Case Law.
• On Aug. 6 investigated a report of someone driving away from a West Street gas station without paying for gas. The customer, who hadn’t noticed their card transaction had failed, returned and paid.
• On Aug. 6 completed foot patrols at Mount Abraham Union Middle/High School during an Extended Learning Program event, and on the Town Park during the Bobcat Restaurant’s Friday night event.
• On Aug. 7 escorted Vermont Gran Fondo cyclists from Airport Drive to Lincoln Road.
• On Aug. 7 received a request to help with a custody exchange, but when exchange terms were agreed upon no police action was required.
• On Aug. 7 checked on the welfare of a North Street resident and helped them to return home.
• On Aug. 8 placed into the lost and found a large cloth multi-colored bag or purse that had been found on West Street and turned in.
• On Aug. 8 began investigating a report of vandalism on West Street.
• On Aug. 8 responded to a family fight on Morgan Horse Lane and eventually arrested Jeannette Marcum, 45, of Bristol, and cited her for domestic assault.
• On Aug. 9 began investigating a report of fraud at a West Street business.
• On Aug. 11 directed traffic while the Bristol Department of Public Works painted lines at the intersection of Main and North streets.
• On Aug. 11 an officer completed remote learning lessons in Officer Field Training, Constitutional Law and Case Law.
• On Aug. 12 responded to a report of a loose dog on Route 17 near Veterans Memorial Park, but it was gone upon arrival.
• On Aug. 14 participated in a community discussion about policing that was held at Holley Hall.
• On Aug. 15 received a complaint about juveniles driving a golf cart on Elm Street and spoke to one of their guardians, who will address the issue.
• On Aug. 15 responded to a report of an animal behaving strangely but saw nothing of concern.