Bristol Police Log: Two cited for domestic assault
BRISTOL — On July 19 Bristol police, assisted by Vermont State Police, responded to a family fight.
Joshua Martell, 40, of Bristol and Jennifer Thompson, 37, of Hinesburg were each cited for domestic assault.
Martell and Thompson were ordered to answer the charges in Addison Criminal Court on July 22.
Between July 15 and 19, Bristol police completed seven foot patrols and six hours of car patrols in various parts of town, some of which were part of the Governor’s Highway Safety Program. Officers checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School three times, conducted five business checks, processed at least eight requests for fingerprints and verified two vehicle identification numbers.
The department also assisted the Addison County Sheriff’s Department once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On July 16 investigated a possible violation of conditions of release and relayed information to the Lamoille County Sheriff’s Department.
• On July 17 assisted Bristol’s water department with traffic control.
• On July 18 assisted a motorist whose vehicle had broken down.
• On July 18 responded to a report of a juvenile problem and determined that the situation was calm and under control, requiring no police action.
• On July 19 participated in an emergency service presentation to a local youth group.
• On July 19 responded to a citizen assist complaint. Investigation is ongoing.
• On July 19 disposed of abandoned property left at a local address.
• On July 19 served court paperwork.