Bristol Police Log: Woman cited for DUI
BRISTOL — On Aug. 22 Bristol police cited Arlene Denis, 73, of Bristol for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Police had stopped Denis after observing her driving down the road dragging something beneath her vehicle.
Investigation determined that she had struck an unknown object, damaging the undercarriage of her vehicle, part of which was hanging loose.
Denis was ordered to appear in Addison County Superior Court, criminal division, on Sept. 8.
Between Aug. 17 and 30, Bristol police completed 13 foot patrols and more than 10 hours of car patrols in various parts of town, some of which were part of the Governor’s Highway Safety Program. Officers checked security at Mount Abraham Union High School 13 times, at Bristol Elementary School nine times, and at local businesses 13 times; conducted two welfare checks without incident; completed at least eight fingerprint requests; facilitated the return of one lost wallet and two dogs at large; and verified two vehicle identification numbers.
The department also assisted Bristol Rescue once and the Bristol Fire Department once.
In other recent activity, Bristol police:
• On Aug. 18 investigated a report of a disorderly person and determined that no action rose to the level of an offense.
• On Aug. 19 completed sex offender registry checks and found everyone to be in compliance.
• On Aug. 21 deployed traffic cones in a work area to alert pedestrians of a hazard.
• On Aug. 22 began investigating a suspicious complaint.
• On Aug. 23 received found property.
• On Aug. 24 investigated a noise complaint regarding an idling truck, which the owner turned off.
• On Aug. 25 helped someone with a ride home.
• On Aug. 27 served court paperwork to someone.
• On Aug. 27 began investigating an animal cruelty complaint.
• On Aug. 28 responded to an animal complaint and issued a violation for an unlicensed dog.
• On Aug. 28 responded to a complaint of loose dogs and issued their owner a warning.