Middlebury Police Log: Driver taken to Porter after crash
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to a traffic accident involving a man who had driven his vehicle into a telephone pole on Route 7 South on July 25 at 4:01 a.m. Police said the driver was taken to Porter Hospital with possible injuries.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were asked to intercede in a dispute between co-workers at a North Pleasant Street business on July 19. Police said one of the individuals will be given a no-trespass order.
• Gave a ride home to a missing person found in the Buttolph Drive area on July 19.
• Received a report about someone puncturing the tires of a vehicle parked in the John Graham Court neighborhood on July 20.
• Cautioned a man to stop contacting a local woman who wanted to be left alone on July 20.
• Responded to a domestic disturbance at a Route 7 South home on July 20. Police stood by while the husband removed his property from the home.
• Received a complaint on July 20 from a homeless man who said a local restaurant wouldn’t provide him with food he believed should be covered under a state subsidy.
• Returned, to their parents, three juveniles who had sneaked out of their Case Street home during the evening of July 20.
• Investigated a report of people having a small fire in the Maple Street area on July 21. Police said the fire was out and no one was around when they arrived.
• Cited Victoria Pendleton, 28, of Middlebury for domestic assault, following an investigation at a Route 7 South home on July 21.
• Issued warnings to four people in possession of open containers of alcohol on the town recreation park near Mary Hogan Elementary School on July 21.
• Investigated a report of loose cows on Munger Street on July 21.
• Cited Brandy Brown, 46, of Middlebury for domestic assault, following an investigation at a Maecliff Court home on July 22.
• Cautioned people about littering in the Mary Hogan Drive area on July 23.
• Received a report that a large truck had pulled down a power line on Court Street on July 23.
• Responded to a report of two men arguing inside a Court Street business on July 23. Police said they checked on the men.
• Cited Ariel Farley, 28, of Middlebury for driving under the influence, following a welfare check in the Main Street area on July 23. Police said an evidentiary sample of Farley’s blood was drawn and sent to the Vermont Forensic Laboratory for analysis, and the results of the test are pending.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS and Middlebury College Public Safety in tending to a drunken student who had had a bike accident on Weybridge Street on July 24.
• Received a report about a vehicle driving erratically on Court Street Extension on July 24. Police said they couldn’t find such a vehicle.
• Cited a juvenile for driving under the influence of drugs, after investigating a report of a suspicious car in the Abbey Pond Road area on July 24.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS at an emergency call in the Route 7 South area on July 25.
• Helped a local resident who had been scammed into sending gift cards to a man on July 25.
• Received a report on July 25 of vehicles racing at the intersection of Seminary and Washington streets.
• Helped Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient described as being in an “altered mental status” on July 25.
• Assisted Vermont State Police with a follow up from a traffic stop in Salisbury on July 25.
• Investigated a report of someone throwing eggs at a vehicle parked off Route 7 South on July 25.
• Responded to a family dispute in a parking lot off Court Street Extension on July 25.
• Checked on the welfare of a woman who had reportedly been considering self-harm on July 26.