Middlebury Police Log: Florida man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police on Aug. 28 cited Douglas A. Burnham, 35, of Punta Gorda, Fla., for driving under the influence, second offense, and for refusing to provide an evidentiary breath sample, following a traffic stop on Mary Hogan Drive.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Received a report that several people walking along Seymour Street were involved in a dispute at around 5:15 p.m. on Aug. 23. Police said they couldn’t find the group.
• Investigated a report that someone had broken into a vehicle parked off MacIntyre Lane in order to steal several items on Aug. 23.
• Mediated a dispute between a mother and daughter in The Centre shopping plaza off Court Street Extension on Aug. 23. Police provided a courtesy ride home to one of the parties.
• Investigated a report of a man acting strangely in the Maplefields store off North Pleasant Street on Aug. 23. Police said the man left prior to their arrival. The officer and store staff found a syringe in the trash in one of the restrooms, according to police.
• Assisted a driver on Aug. 23 with a flat tire on Foote Street until a tow company arrived.
• Assisted a woman who had become stuck in a bathroom at an Exchange Street Laundromat on Aug. 24.
• Cited a local juvenile for petit larceny, forgery, and uttering a forged instrument, following an investigation into stolen checks on Aug. 24.
• Responded to a reported argument between a man and woman outside a Route 7 South business on Aug. 25.
• Received a complaint on Aug. 25 from a man who said his vehicle had been keyed in Middlebury, but he was unsure exactly where the incident had occurred.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient who had experienced a suspected drug overdose in the Valley View Drive area on Aug. 25.
• Were informed on Aug. 25 of an alleged sexual assault involving two juveniles at an undisclosed location in town.
• Took a local juvenile to Porter Hospital following a welfare check in the South Street area on Aug. 26.
• Search in vain for a box truck driver who had allegedly been operating erratically at the intersection of Ossie Road and Route 7 South on Aug. 27.
• Responded to a reported landlord/tenant dispute in the Valley View Drive neighborhood on Aug. 28.
• Were informed of the possible theft of a recreational vehicle from G. Stone Motors on Boardman Street on Aug. 28. Police continue to investigate the matter.
• Issued court diversion paperwork to a minor found in possession of alcohol near the intersection of East Main Street and Route 125 on Aug. 29.
• Turned over to his mother a man police said was heavily intoxicated and found sleeping on the front porch of Fire & Ice Restaurant on Aug. 29.
• Received a report of an upset customer at Walgreens Pharmacy allegedly threatening another customer after she’d been asked to wait in line to have her prescription filled on Aug. 29. Police are investigating the matter.
• Responded to a report of a vehicle leaving the scene of an accident on Washington Street on Aug. 29.