Middlebury Police Log: N.Y. man cited for DUI
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police cited Cordelle Santamore, 21, of Plainview, N.Y., for driving under the influence on Court Street Extension on Dec. 23.
Police said a sample of Santamore’s blood was sent to the Vermont Forensic Lab for analysis. Results of the blood test are pending.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Were informed of the theft of a power drill from a Route 7 South business on Dec. 21. Police said criminal charges are pending against a suspect who was allegedly captured on video.
• Assisted a motorist who had driven off Route 7 South on Dec. 22.
• Assisted Courtyard by Marriott staff with an “irate” guest on Dec. 22.
• Cited Anthony Carosella, 35, for driving under the influence (third offense), following an investigation at the Jolly Short Stop on Court Street Extension on Dec. 22. Police said they measured Carosella’s blood-alcohol content at 0.159%; the legal limit for driving is 0.08.
Carosella declined to provide his address, according to police.
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a woman attempting to take her own life on Dec. 23.
• Responded to a reported dispute among Court Street neighbors on Dec. 23.
• Cited Matthew S. Cooke, 29, of Middlebury for driving while intoxicated on South Pleasant Street on Dec. 24. Police said they measured Cooke’s blood-alcohol content at 0.072%.
• Helped sort out a dispute between two people about the ownership of a vehicle, in the Route 7 South area on Dec. 26.
• Responded to a family fight at a Jackson Lane residence on Dec. 26.
• Checked on a report of water coming from a North Pleasant Street home, flooding the outside sidewalk on Dec. 26.
• Were informed of the potential theft of a bike from an East Main Street resident on Dec. 27.
• Served a temporary restraining order on a man in the Jackson Lane area on Dec. 27.
• Received a report that a cellphone had been stolen from a North Pleasant Street resident on Dec. 27.