Middlebury Police Log: Police aid ambulance squad at several calls
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police assisted Vermont State Police, Bristol Rescue Squad and Middlebury Regional EMS at a single-vehicle crash where a person sustained non life-threatening injuries, on River Road in New Haven on March 17.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Assisted Middlebury Regional EMS (MREMS) with an overdose patient at a Jackson Lane home on March 16.
• Assisted MREMS officials with a drunken man in the Boardman Street area who had been seeking housing assistance on March 16. MREMS took the man to Porter Hospital.
• Told a man to stop banging on a South Pleasant Street resident’s door on March 16.
• Assisted a Seymour Street resident who had been receiving harassing phone calls on March 17.
• Received a report about a man who had allegedly collapsed while walking on Shard Villa Road on March 18. Police said MREMS officials responded to the scene.
• Received a report about some possibly drunken men tossing things around in a Court Street store on March 19. Police said the men were gone upon their arrival.
• Responded with MREMS to a report of a man who had fallen on Maple Street on March 19.
• Helped a person at Middlebury College who had been receiving harassing/obscene phone calls on March 20. The case is under investigation, police said.
• Assisted a woman who was believed to be suffering a mental health crisis in the Maplefields store on North Pleasant Street on March 21.
• Warned a man who was publicly drinking alcohol on Court Street on March 21.