Middlebury Police Log: Police assist EMS with suicidal patient
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police assisted Middlebury Regional EMS with a patient who had been having suicidal thoughts in the Court Square area on June 12.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Checked on the welfare of a North Pleasant Street man who had just had an argument with his girlfriend on June 8.
• Received a report that a vehicle had been vandalized while parked on Park Street on June 8.
• Assisted Courtyard by Marriott staff in removing a person from a room on June 9.
• Responded to a report of woman possibly “huffing” — inhaling intoxicants — on the train tracks off Maple Street on June 9. Police checked on the women, whom they said declined assistance.
• Responded to a report of a downed tree on power lines at the intersection of Jayne Court and Weybridge Street on June 10. Green Mountain Power workers removed the tree.
• Responded to a heated argument between two people on Airport Road related to someone speeding and blocking access to a food distribution event at the Middlebury State Airport on June 10.
• Received a call about a man allegedly overdosing on heroin in the East Main Street area on June 10. Police said Middlebury Regional EMS responded to the location.
• Assisted Vermont State Police with a domestic assault at a Leicester residence on June 11.
• Assisted state police with a vehicle crash on Middle Road in Salisbury on June 11.
• Helped a local woman who believed she had been the victim of a gift card-related scam on June 11.
• Were informed someone had vandalized a vehicle while it was parked in the municipal lot off Mill Street on June 11.
• Referred to social service officials a homeless person found sleeping outside a South Pleasant Street building on June 11.
• Responded to a report of an elderly woman walking in the middle of South Street on June 12.
• Assisted Middlebury Inn staff with some mental health issues related to homeless tenants on June 12.
• Responded with Middlebury firefighters and Green Mountain Power workers to a report of a blown transformer and downed wires in the vicinity of 3 Mile Bridge Road and Shard Villa Road on June 12.
• Told a person to quit shooting his gun in the Airport Road area at 9 p.m. on June 13.
• Referred, to the Addison County State’s Attorney’s Office for possible prosecution, a simple assault allegation stemming from an incident on the Porter Medical Center campus on June 13.
• Received a report that some pills had allegedly been taken from a vehicle parked off Court Street on June 13.
• Responded to a dispute between a man and woman at a Jackson Lane home on June 14.
• Responded to a car-versus-deer accident on Route 7 South on June 14.
• Contacted Middlebury Regional EMS to care for a Court Street woman on June 14.
• Warned a man who had been violating the town’s open container policy behind the Ilsley Library on June 14.
• Responded to a car-versus-deer accident on Route 125 on June 14. Police said they couldn’t find the deer, and the car sustained minor damage.
• Restored peace at a Jackson Lane home where there had been a domestic disturbance on June 15.