Vermont State Police Log: Man cited for assuault, among other charges
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police responded to an assault in Monkton that was reported at 12:55 a.m. on July 19.
Troopers investigated and determined that Christopher M. Allen, 39, of St. Albans had assaulted a household member. It was also determined that Allen had prevented access to emergency services for the victim, destroyed their cell phone, made several threats to endanger their life, and was wanted on two arrest warrants.
Allen was transported to the New Haven Barracks for processing. Police cited him for two counts of being wanted on arrest warrants, and for domestic assault, interference with access to emergency services, unlawful mischief and criminal threatening.
Allen was lodged at Marble Valley Correctional Facility; bail was set at $10,200.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On July 14 at a few minutes past midnight stopped a vehicle driven by Michael LaFountain, 42, of Middlebury on Court Street, Middlebury, and cited LaFountain for driving with a criminally suspended license.
• On July 14 at a quarter past 11 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route 7 in Middlebury after observing a motor vehicle violation. State police cited Mitcheal A. Palmer, 21, of Bristol for driving under the influence of drugs.
Middlebury police assisted state police.
• On July 15 at 6:20 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route 22A in Vergennes after it was reported that a vehicle was driving erratically and drove off the road several times. Troopers cited Jeffrey M. Zagorski, 30, of Hudson Falls, N.Y., for driving under the influence of drugs.
Troopers were assisted on scene by Vergennes police on this one.
• On July 16 at a few minutes before midnight responded to a vehicle off the road on Route 17 near Gore Road in Starksboro. Troopers report that through investigation they determined Ryan Prim, 21, of Bristol had been driving his vehicle at 120 mph while intoxicated. Police cited Prim for driving under the influence and for grossly negligent driving.
• On July 17 at a few minutes after 6 p.m. responded to a report of a motor vehicle crash on Covered Bridge Road in Monkton. Police cited John Baker, 58, of Vergennes for driving under the influence, second offence.
• On July 18 at a quarter to 1 a.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route 7 in Middlebury. Troopers identified the driver as Truc Mai, 26, of Winooski. Troopers discovered Mai was driving a motor vehicle with a criminally suspended license. Troopers cited Mai for two counts of violated court ordered conditions of release and ordered her not to operate a motor vehicle unless she has a valid operator’s license.
• On July 18 at approximately at 9:35 p.m. responded to a single motor vehicle crash at the intersection of Park Drive and Bishop Hill Road in Orwell. Troopers report that Aaron Sears, 33, of Florence was driving on Parks Drive when his vehicle left the road and struck a series of small trees. While speaking with Sears, troopers detected indicators of alcohol impairment before Middlebury Regional EMS took him to Porter Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries. Later, state police cited Sears for driving under the influence, third offense.
• On July 20 responded to a report that the remains of a deceased man were found in the debris of a fire at a home in Shoreham that morning. See full story in a separate story in this edition.