Vermont State Police Log: Man cited for DUI and reckless driving
ADDISON COUNTY — Vermont State Police responded to a report of a crash on Route 7 in New Haven last Friday, March 6, at around 6:30 p.m.
Troopers alleged that Carl F. Wrighton, 59, of Hyde Park failed to stop his vehicle at a stop sign at the intersection of River Road and Route 7. Wrighton’s vehicle struck another vehicle traveling southbound on Route 7.
No injuries were reported in the crash.
While speaking with Wrighton, troopers detected signs of impairment, screened him for drunk driving and cited him for driving under the influence, second offense. They also cited him for negligent driving.
Wrighton was transported to the Vergennes Police Department for processing and later released with a citation to appear in Addison County Superior Court, Criminal Division.
Members of the Middlebury Police Department and Vergennes Police Department assisted state police at the scene.
In other recent activity, troopers:
• On March 3 at around 5:30 p.m. received a report of a missing 16-year-old in Bristol. The teenager was located later that evening and was reported to be safe.
• On March 4 at approximately 5:35 p.m. received a report of an assault that had occurred that day at a home in Salisbury. After investigating, troopers determined that Matthew S. Rich, 19, of Salisbury had assaulted two household members, and they cited Rich for domestic assault.
• On March 4 at a few minutes past 10 p.m. received a report that Andrew R. Jimmo, 46, of Starksboro had violated an abuse prevention order by contacting a person who he was prohibited by the court from contacting. After investigating, state police cited Jimmo for violation of an abuse prevention order.
• On March 9 at 11:45 a.m. responded to a report of a burglary at a home on Forrest Road in Bridport. Police report that someone had forced entry into the home and stole multiple items; police did not respond to a question about what kinds of items were stolen. This is the third such incident that has occurred at this home since January, VSP Cpl. Justin Busby reports.
Anyone with information regarding this or other burglaries is asked to call Vermont State Police at 802-388-4919.
• On March 9 at approximately 4:37 p.m. stopped a motor vehicle on Route 7 in Ferrisburgh. Troopers cited Anthony Smith, 23, of Vergennes for driving with a criminally suspended license.