Vermont State Police Log: Police help settle dispute at Whiting home
ADDISON COUNTY — An argument at a Whiting home last week resulted in a Vermont State Police citation.
Troopers responded to a report of a citizen dispute on North Main Street in Whiting on March 31 at around 6:30 p.m. After investigating, troopers alleged that Cristopher Smith, 37, of Whiting damaged property owned by another Whiting resident.
The local rescue squad took Smith to Rutland Regional Medical Center, and troopers cited him for unlawful mischief.
In other incidents that the New Haven state police barracks reported since April 1, troopers:
• On April 1 at 7:53 p.m. calmed a citizen dispute on Route 116 South in Bristol.
• On April 1 at 8:18 p.m. looked into a report of larceny on Dogwood Lane in Starksboro.
• On April 1 at 11:22 p.m. responded to an alarm on Staton Road in Panton.
• On April 2 at 12:12 p.m. assisted another agency on Quaker Street in Starksboro.
• On April 2 at 7:14 p.m. performed a directed patrol on Route 125 in Ripton.
• On April 2 at 9:42 p.m. responded to a complaint of motor vehicle disturbances on Route 7 at Greenbush Road in Ferrisburgh.
• On April 2 at 10:47 p.m. refereed a citizen dispute on Cram Road in Leicester.
• On April 3 at 7:03 a.m. assisted a citizen on Plant Road in Bristol.
• On April 3 at 10:07 a.m. responded to an accident with a reported injury on Mountain Road in Addison.
• On April 4 at 2:54 p.m. provided mental health assistance on Monkton Road in Monkton.
• On April 5 at 7:28 a.m. assisted a citizen on Lake Dunmore Road in Salisbury.
• On April 6 at 12:50 a.m. looked into a report of a suspicious person or circumstance on Main Street in Orwell.