Middlebury Police Log: Sexual abuse case under investigation
MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury police responded to a report on Oct. 26 that some minor children might have been sexually abused at a Weybridge Street residence. The matter remains under investigation, police said.
In other action last week, Middlebury police:
• Received a report on Oct. 24 that four rings had been stolen from a Mountain View Lane residence.
• Were informed that someone had stolen $90 in cash from a backpack in the Middlebury Union High School girls’ locker room on Oct. 24.
• Investigated three separate truancy cases involving MUHS students on Oct. 25.
• Were informed of the theft of Nook and Kindle electronic book readers from the Ilsley Public Library on Oct. 25. Police described the suspect as a man wearing a dark hoodie and having facial hair.
• Cited Adrian A. Moore, 20, of Weybridge for retail theft after he allegedly walked out of Shaw’s Supermarket on Washington Street without paying for a 30-pack of beer on Oct. 25.
• Ticketed two MUHS students for being in possession of alcohol at MUHS on Oct. 26.
• Assisted the Counseling Service of Addison County with a suicidal patient on Oct. 26.
• Took home a youth who had tried to stay overnight at the Middlebury teen center space in the municipal building on Oct. 27.
• Were informed that someone had dumped six bags of household garbage behind the Bicknell Real Estate building on Court Street on Oct. 27.
• Investigated two reports of horses running loose in the Quarry Road area on Oct. 28.
• Took a truant student to MUHS on Oct. 28.
• Received a report that a cell phone had been taken from a patron at Two Brothers Tavern on Oct. 28.
• Received, from Hannaford Supermarket, a fake identification card that someone had tried to use to buy alcohol on Oct. 28. The name on the ID card, according to police, was “McHappie.”
• Took into protective custody a very drunk local woman from the Maple Street area on Oct. 28. Police said they measured the woman’s blood-alcohol content at 0.251 percent. For the sake of comparison, the legal limit for driving is 0.08 percent.
• Investigated a reported fight on MUHS grounds on Oct. 28.
• Cited Tyler D. Paquette, 25, of Cornwall for driving under the influence following a traffic stop on South Main Street on Oct. 29. Police said they measured Paquette’s blood-alcohol content at 0.089 percent.
• Assisted Middlebury College Public Safety with an unruly, drunken student on Oct. 29. Police said they measured the student’s blood-alcohol level at 0.226 percent.
• Cited Daryl C. Anderson, 26, of Bridport for driving under the influence, after investigating a report of a man vomiting out of a car window in the parking area off Bakery Lane. Police said they measured Anderson’s blood-alcohol level at 0.175 percent on Oct. 29.
• Investigated a reported fight between two men on North Pleasant Street on Oct. 29. Police said there were no men fighting when they arrived on the scene.
• Cited Wendy H. White, 43, of Middlebury for driving under the influence following a stop for speeding on Court Street on Oct. 30.
• Cited Mark V. Martocci, 44, of Bridport for driving under the influence following a stop for a traffic violation on College Street on Oct. 30.
• Cited Shawn Yost, 23, of Bennington for driving under the influence following a stop for speeding on North Pleasant Street on Oct. 30. Police said they measured Yost’s blood-alcohol level at 0.152 percent.
• Received a report that someone threw a beer bottle containing some form of fuel at a vehicle parked off Case Street on Oct. 30.
• Responded to the reported theft of a man’s bike from a Seymour Street residence on Oct. 30.
• Calmed a family dispute at Porter Hospital on Oct. 30.