ACTR releasing full schedule, smartphone app
MIDDLEBURY — Addison County Transit Resources (ACTR) has announced that they will publish a new Shuttle Bus System schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 24. They will also launch of a new information system that was much requested by riders.
“Transit” is a smartphone app that integrates arrival predictions, trip planning and step-by-step navigation. For the first time, riders can use an app to find out where their bus is and not have to worry if it’s late or if they missed it. This has been a game-changer in urban transit and is expected to do the same in rural and small town areas.
Other highlights of the new passenger guide include:
• Predicted departure times for every normal stop, where previously a dot indicated “arrival time will vary.”
• Rebranding of the Middlebury Shuttle’s “Route 7 South” as “Hannaford” to help visitors and new residents with wayfinding.
• New Saturday service on the Middlebury Shuttle’s College route.
• New midday service on the Tri-Town Bristol route that both expands access to Exchange Street destinations and allows Bristol residents to get to appointments more conveniently.
• Adjustments to Snow Bowl Off-Peak schedule to match rider usage.
Details of these changes and other schedule tweaks can be found at actr-vt.org. The Sept. 24 schedule launch will also be supported by new schedule signage at all bus stops, new schedule brochures and updated trip planner tools. Riders may also call (802) 388-2287 for information.