Hannaford Career Center to send off seniors in style
MIDDLEBURY — In lieu of a traditional graduation ceremony this year, the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center will hold a Celebration of Learning event next Thursday, May 28, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., to honor all Career Center seniors and all students completing their technical programs. Seniors and program completers and their families are invited to the Career Center’s North Campus at 372 Mainelli Road in Middlebury that day at a designated time slot for their technical program.
Students will receive award bags, which will contain any of the following items that pertain to the individual student: keepsake program, certificate, credential, scholarship award, National Technical Honor Society regalia, Medical Professions stole, FFA honor cord, culinary treat made by Culinary students, and another surprise.
A photo booth will be set up in the Diesel Power Technology lab space for an optional photo opportunity. The photographer will be wearing a mask and photos will be sent to honorees at a later date, Career Center officials informed students and families in a letter this week.
In adherence to the Secretary of the Agency of Education guidelines and to prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff, the following procedures are in place:
- Only one car per family will be allowed to enter the driveway and if possible, someone other than the student should be driving. Traffic flow will be directed.
- Only the student being honored should leave the car and the student must be wearing a mask covering the mouth and nose area. (They may remove the mask for a photo.)
- Only one honoree at a time may be out of a car.
- There will be no physical contact of any kind and all persons shall maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from other persons and from cars.
- There will be no access to the building for any reason including restrooms.
Instructors are making video recordings of their congratulatory remarks to individual student program completers and Brenda Logee, PHCC School Counseling Coordinator, is making a video recording of announcing scholarship winners. These recordings will be posted on the Career Center Facebook page.
“In this unusual time, we are excited to be able to honor and Celebrate the Learning our students have achieved during their time with the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center,” Logee said in the letter.